Message Recap – 9/24/10 – Vision: Part 3

Monday, September 27, 2010



Actually, the title of the series has been renamed "VisionQuest" because, well, let's face it, it's cool.

We are winding down a series from Kris Miner about Vision. It's been awesome! You can check out the recap for the previous installment.

Vision is a powerful thing. If you have a vision for your life, it changes how you live your life. If you have a vision for your friends to get saved, you'll act differently around them.

What is your vision for your life? Chances are, God's vision for you is much bigger. The size of your vision should require you to put your trust in God in order to accomplish it. It should be so big that yo can't accomplish it on your own!

We're going to talk tonight about walking in vision; walking in the call of God on our lives. There are a couple of key phrases that will help us walk in the call of God.

First let's look at Nehemiah 2:1-5:

In the month of Nisan in the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes, when wine was brought for him, I took the wine and gave it to the king. I had not been sad in his presence before; so the king asked me, "Why does your face look so sad when you are not ill? This can be nothing but sadness of heart."
I was very much afraid, but I said to the king, "May the king live forever! Why should my face not look sad when the city where my fathers are buried lies in ruins, and its gates have been destroyed by fire?"

The king said to me, "What is it you want?"
Then I prayed to the God of heaven, and I answered the king, "If it pleases the king and if your servant has found favor in his sight, let him send me to the city in Judah where my fathers are buried so that I can rebuild it."

One of our key phrases is found right in there. “Send me!” The first step in being used by God is a willingness to be used by God! It's not enough to just have the vision, you have to also ask God to use you to accomplish that!

God is not going to ask you for anything less than everything; all of you. He wants your heart, soul, mind, thoughts, habits, free time: everything!

As Christians we need to learn to pray “Send me,” prayers. When we see a need, to pray for God to use you as the solution to that problem. When we see teens that are lost and don't know God, to ask God to send us to that need.

If the size of your vision isn't intimidating to you, there's a good chance it's insulting to God. -Steven Furtick

Next check out Matthew 26:36-42:

Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, "Sit here while I go over there and pray." He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me."

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?" he asked Peter. "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

He went away a second time and prayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done."

“Your will be done” is the second key phrase we need to learn. The vision that you have for your life should be a big, intimidating vision that you can't accomplish on your own. And in the face of that we need to be able to say, “Not my will but your will be done.”

Jesus had a huge vision for his life – in fact, bigger than any of us will ever have to face. And in the midst of that, He was able to say, “Your will be done.”

We need to start using those phrases regularly, repeating them. When we have a vision, to say, “Send me!” When it's time to step out in that vision, “Your will be done.”

Kris has a vision for you. A vision of you as difference makers, soul winners, sold out Christians, leaders in your generation. Can you get ahold of that vision?

God doesn't have a small vision for your life – it's huge! You are called to be not only conquerors but more than conquerors!

To walk in this huge vision, you need to learn to pray. “Send me!” and “Not my will but your be done.”

0 ,:

Post a Comment